[Gvsig_english] problem with split geometry tool (1251)

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at muenchen.de
Wed Nov 4 16:25:10 CET 2009

Hi list,
I would like to create a map that shows areas along a river, where
bathing is allowed and where not. My idea was
1) create a buffer theme from the river shapefile
2) use the difference-geoprocess to get only the buffer, but not the
area of the river
3) use split geometry (new edit tool) to separate several sections of
the theme generated in 2)
Sometimes, the split tool worked, but obivously only for the smaller
elements. (see logfile/screenshot)
It would be great, if I could use the geoprocessing as it would save me
quite some time (otherwise, I will have to digitize by hand...)

Any comments are appreciated very much.
Best,
Wolfgang

--

	*Wolfgang Qual

* *Referat für Gesundheit und Umwelt*
Umweltschutz
Umweltvorsorge
RGU-UW 11

Bayerstraße 28a
80335 München

Telefon +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 17
Telefax +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 05

http://www.muenchen.de/umweltatlas
uw11.rgu at muenchen.de
Bitte beachten Sie die Hinweise zur elektronischen
Kommunikation mit der Landeshauptstadt München:
http://www.muenchen.de/ekomm