[Gvsig_english] WFS-T in gvSIG 1.9 and Geoserver

Piero Cavalieri piero.cavalieri at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 11:39:26 CET 2009

The WFSTClientExtension was active (and I told I was testing the WFST,
not the WFS..). When I try to edit the layer, first there is a mask
which permit me to insert some options (minutes to edit, if server
supports or not the lock and and if the SRS is in XML), then giving
ok, there is the same (as the WFS Editing) alert which tell me that
"This layer has not write permission..". So I'm not able to test the
WFS-T extension at all....
Suggestions ?

Thanks in advance
 Piero

2009/11/17 Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas <jsanz at prodevelop.es>:

> Piero Cavalieri escribió:
>> I can save modifications to shp, but for us it doesn't make sense. We
>> would like to use a WFS-T to have centralized/remote editing. So I
>> still wonder if there is currently a limitation in the WFS-T extension
>> (and, if so, if there are plans for complete the Transactional part).
>>
>> Thanks
>>  Piero
>>

> Piero,
>
> have you seen the WFS-T paper[1] at the gvsig portal? By default, the WFS-T extension is not enabled (I suppose because
> it's not well tested) so you have to enable it:
>
> Preferences -> General -> Extensions -> com.iver.cit.gvsig.wfs.WFSTClientExtension -> "Active extension"
>
> Please if you test it, send here your results (good or bad, of course).
>
> Cheers
>
> [1] http://www.gvsig.org/web/docusr/wfst-usage/wfst-usage
>
>> 2009/11/17 virginia morales segura <morales_vir at gva.es>:
>>> Hi Piero,
>>>
>>> You can't edit this layer, but at the end you can save your
>>> modifications exporting the shp. After the message can you edit or export?
>>>
>>> Regards.

> - --
> Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
> Ingeniero en Geodesia y Cartografía