[Gvsig_english] Are there any Aussie gvSIG Users actively monitoring this Mail Server?

Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd) scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Tue Nov 24 01:55:32 CET 2009

Hi Nik,

I also use a variety of tools to complete my tasks.

Until recently I have been using Kosmo (v 1.2.1) but found it limiting
in so many areas, very similar to the previous version of gvSIG. That is
you can do 70% of what you need but have to refer to other tools to
complete different tasks. Other tools I use include JUMP, OpenJUMP,
Quantum, OpenEV, Sextante, EveryDWG and miscellaneous other utilities.

Recently I retested the beta release of 1.9 and was impressed by its
functionality. It did 95% of what I needed. The only reason I did not
use it in production is that it was a beta release and had a range of
known bugs. I was very please to see that several weeks later that a new
stable release was made available. I have been using this stable version
since then and have been able to do nearly everything I wanted. My only
gripe is that the icons are very small (especially for use on a laptop)
and the map utility is a bit slow (although that said it does not crash).

All and all I have required to use 'other tools' less and less as I
understand where the gvSIG developers have put various tools and how to
use them.

Cheers Simon

Simon Cropper
Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd