[Gvsig_english] calculating centre points of polygon and ascribing coordinates

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Tue Nov 24 20:49:17 CET 2009

Hi Simon,
I guess there are more than one possibilities to create centre points
(centroids) for polygon elements:
the first option that comes to my mind is using the sextante plugin.
There is an option "create centroids" for polygon vector layers. x/y
coordinates can be calculated within the "field calculator" in gvSIG
with the two commands x() and y(). You could use the geoprocessing
"spatial join" to add tabular information of a point layer to a polygon
theme.
Hope that helps && regards,
Wolfgang

Am Dienstag, den 24.11.2009, 23:57 +1100 schrieb Simon Cropper
(Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd):