[Gvsig_english] Status

pvmstg hotmail pop pvmstg at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 26 14:49:58 CET 2009

Hi all,

Verry interesting exchange... Starve to test it since no mac binary
released yet.

Just a stupid question.  If gv_sig is suppose to be cross platform
and, from the reading, it cause problem on mac, why not made, like
qgis, use of Qt where the crossplatform seem ok?

Do you have stop pursue the crossplaform idea to stick only with linux
and windows?  Maybe we will see return of mac on the stable...?

For me, after the mac support, the printing capability is the most
important feature.  When going to prepress, we need at least 300ppp
tiff output, pdf/x or eps.

In my list, the support of file geodatabase will be a big issue. I
know, it's esri the problem.  At the esri conference they said that
it's for the 9,4 prevue to be release at spring for the api.  Just
remember that shapefile are outdated and, for small users, like us,
postgis is not the solution.  All the vector and bitmaps file are in
file geodatabase.  We will need to access them.

Hoping to see a mac version to test... soon.

Marcel