[Gvsig_english] GDAL and GRASS native binaries

Luis W. Sevilla sevilla_lui at gva.es
Mon Nov 30 14:27:20 CET 2009

Benjamin Ducke wrote:
> I just looked into the "libs" dir for gvSIG 1.9 and noticed
> that the libraries for both GRASS and GDAL are quite outdated.
> I would like to replace them with current versions (GRASS 6.5
> and GDAL 1.6.3). I do not know anything about JNI. Do I have
> to expect any trouble if I update the library versions?

Probably you'll have problems. JNI libraries wrap over native ones, son
new versions (as for sure the'll had changes in methods, functions and
classes) need new JNI wrappers versions.

Greetings
    Luis

--
  Luis W. Sevilla Muelas
  Valencia - Spain

The secret to programming is not intelligence, though of course that helps. It is not hard work or experience, though they help, too. The secret to programming is having smart friends. (Ron Avitzur)