[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9 (build 1247): wrong results using the filter with dbf and csv tables

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Thu Oct 1 17:15:44 CEST 2009

Hello everybody,

Maybe I am doing something wrong,  but the latest gvSIG 1.9 build (1247) gives me wrong results when filtering dbf and csv tables.
I am working on windows xp home edition (sp2).

In short, when I use the filter tool the results are wrong.
More precisely, the row is "correctly" filtered and selected but this together with other "similar" rows.
For instance, if I write strangers = 4400 the row is selected but this together with all rows which belong to the field "REGIONE".
In the end I got three rows selected instead of only one (the one with strangers = 4400).
See screenshot attached (filter_dbf_csv_errors.jpg).

I have tried this same query with the same dbf and csv table with gvSIG 1.1.2 and everything works as expected.
In short, strangers = 4400, after filtering, gives only one row filtered and selected instead of 3.

Best regards,

Silvio