[Gvsig_english] a question on how to use the new I18-extension

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Thu Oct 22 10:51:39 CEST 2009

You should use an editor designed to edit Java .properties files,
which will also handle character encoding correctly.

There is a list here:

http://attesoro.org/similar.html

I have been using this:

http://www.solyp.com/binaries/2975/babelfish.zip

But this one also looks good:

http://www.cantamen.com/i18nedit.php

Ben

Wolfgang Qual wrote:
> Hi list,
> the new version 1.9 contains a great tool to manage, update local
> translations of the program. I exported the german locale to zip and was
> able to extract this file. However, I am wondering, how to continue. To
> be more precise: which software is recommended to use for working with
> these files? Normal texteditor? I opened the properties_de with gedit
> (text editor for ubuntu), and the german umlauts (ü,ö,ä) were written in
> a unknown format to me. Is this ok? Some hints would be g-r-e-a-t.
>
> Best,
> Wolfgang

Benjamin Ducke
Senior Applications Support and Development Officer

Oxford Archaeological Unit Limited
Janus House
Osney Mead
OX2 0ES