[Gvsig_english] Oracle OS authentication?

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Fri Oct 23 22:06:40 CEST 2009

Hello Bob,

I assume "OS authentication" = operating system authentication :

http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/heights/6616/ops.html

First of all, are you talking about an Oracle Spatial database or a traditional (alphanumeric) Oracle database?

The attached screenshot has made me optimistic about OS authentication with an Oracle Spatial database, because apparently there are no differences in the connection string on the client-side (well...only a hopefully harmless bar "/"). So if you have set up a Oracle Spatial database server in your network, try to connect to it leaving the user and password as empty strings. If it does not work, send the log file to the list please.

Regards,

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)