[Gvsig_english] Problem with intersection

Alexandra Luísa Ribeiro Dias xana_dias at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 30 16:57:57 CET 2009

Hello,

Thank you for your fast reply, but I am not able to send you the file, it is confidencial. But I know a way ti deviate this problem.

I have three layers:

- the limits of my country (Portugal)

- occupation polygons of where are the fields that the company owns

- polygons with climate characterization

I need to split the country in three parts (for example) and do the intersection of the occupation layer with the climate characterization layer. If I do this intersection with the hole country, it takes hours to process that amount of information but i don't know how to split the country in three and process that information separately. Important also is this seperation to be done without taking the chance of spliting any polygon.

If you could help me with nthis matter I would appreciate it very much, if not, thank you the same:)