[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9 (build 1246): crash opening a TIFF image

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Wed Sep 16 13:05:25 CEST 2009

silvio grosso ha scritto:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have just donwloaded the latest gvSIG build, that is, build 1246.
> I have installed it on Windows xp home edtion (sp 2).
> gvSIG crashes opening a raster image (TrueMarble.4km.10800x5400.tif).
> More precisely, a TIFF image (around 186 mb).
> I have downloaded this TIFF image from this website: http://www.unearthedoutdoors.net/global_data/true_marble/download
>
> The steps to reproduce the bug are:
> Open gvSIG 1.9 (build 1246);
> Create a new View;
> Add a new layer; select File; choose the gvSIG raster driver in order to load the TIFF image;
> gvSIG crashes.
>
> The same TIFF image crashes gvSIG 1.2 as well.
>
> I have attached the log file regarding the crash with build 1246.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Silvio

Hi Silvio,
there's probably a missing library (or a broken link) in gvSIG installation:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jgdal091 in java.library.path
Check in C:\Programmi\Java\jre1.5.0_12\bin or in
C:\Programmi\gvSIG_1.9\lib if there is a file called jgdal091.dll. for
instance, I have jgdal092.dll, however I have not upgraded gvSIG yet.

ciao
Antonio

--
Antonio Falciano