[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9 (build 1246): change shapefile colour from the Toc

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Sat Sep 19 15:09:38 CEST 2009

Hello everybody,

I am testing gvSIG 1.9 (build 1246) on windows xp home edition (sp2).
I have just noticed that  it is not longer possible to change fast the colour of a shapefile from the Toc.
I know this is really a trivial problem so bear with me :-)

More precisely, with gvSIG 1.1 (all recent versions) it was possible to click with the right button on a shapefile in the gvSIG Toc.
A menu popped up and I selected the second option from the Menu, "Change color", in order to change fast the shapefile colour in the gvSIG's View.

On the contrary, with gvSIG 1.9 (build 1246) to do the same I am forced to do more steps.
In short, I have to use the right button and select "propriety".
I could also double-click with the left button on the shapefile to open fast its "propriety" window.
I select symbols; choose symbols  and I choose the colour I wish to apply.

I am sure there is a reason for this change (that is, deleting the option to change colour from the Toc menu).
Nevertheless, in my opinion, this change is a bit of "regression".
Now, with gvSIG 1.9, I am forced to spend more time for an option that was faster with the previous version.

This being said, I am sorry for pointing out such a trivial problem :-(

Best regards,

Silvio