[Gvsig_english] QUESTION gvSIG 1.9 (BN 1253) -- Java File Chooser Options

Simon Cropper scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Wed Apr 7 07:17:10 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have been chasing my tail regarding this problem and can't seem to
find one on the Sun Microsystems Site so I will endevour to get answers
here.

I presume that I am not alone here so others on this list would have to
have addressed this issue or resigned themselves to the observed
behaviour.

OK.

Problem: When choosing a file with the standard open file dialog
(project, shapefile, etc) when you double click on the directory or
file, the directory name or file name is edited rather than opened. If
you hit the left mouse is extremely fast succession you are able to
drill down the directory tree but I mean extremely fast succession (i.e.
two hands with the mouse being tapped 10-20 times per second).

After many attempts to resolve this issue I have narrowed it down to a
problem with the Java Swing File Chooser library.

Am I the only one who gets this problem? I had it in Windows Vista using
a Tablet and now when using gvSIG under Ubuntu. The problem is not
apparent in Windows XP Pro (even when using VirtualBox).

You can work around the problem by selecting a directory or file and
pressing open or enter but this is quite irritating.

Help? :-/

--

Cheers Simon

Simon Cropper