[Gvsig_english] [GSoC] Mentoring a gvSIG GSoC idea

Cèsar Ordiñana cordin at disid.com
Wed Apr 7 13:05:32 CEST 2010

Hi Fran and Ben,

If you need some help with the Data Access Layer in gvSIG 2.0, I can
offer myself too.

If there exists a working JDBC driver for sqlite/spatialite, it should
not take too much effort to develop the new provider. In gvSIG 2.0 there
is a generic JDBC provider, which is extended by the postgreSQL/Postgis
provider (and the other jdbc based providers) which can be used as a
base to develop the sqlite/spatialite provider.

I have found a JDBC driver project for sqlite
(http://www.zentus.com/sqlitejdbc/), but don't know if it works with
spatialite.

But if the JDBC option is not available, we should revert to JNI, in
which case the project will require a lot more effort, may be too much
for the 3 months period.

Regards,