[Gvsig_english] GvSig Mini

Alberto Romeu Carrasco aromeu at prodevelop.es
Wed Apr 7 16:20:42 CEST 2010

Hi,

Ok, we were confused and thought you were asking for the Android version.

I answer all your previous questions:

> Is there a way of showing my own tiles (I'm using mapserver-tilecache) on > "gvSig Mini" like Yahoo or Google Maps in Openlayers?

The only way at the moment is via the 'Select layers' option of the main menu. Check the manual to know how to add new layers [1]. Currently WMS and WMS-c (tilecache) are supported.

> And is kml or gml file format supported or will be supported?

No at the moment.

> Is there a decktop java application of gvSig mini?

You can use gvSIG extension Phone Cache [2] to download tile mashups and put them on gvSIG Mini [3].

> Will Google Maps be added on map types?

No. And probably next version of gvSIG Mini will not make use of non free map sources.

> What is the way of adding (/sdcard/gvsig/config/layers/) to config layer > > file?

This answer was referred to the Android version where the layers configuration is stored on an external file.

> How can I create TileMap Xml file like
> http://www.idee.es/wms-c/PNOA/PNOA/1.0.0/PNOA/ (and should I use tilecache
> seed?)

I don't know very much about tilecache configuration. If your mapserver is WMS compliant you can try to type the URL, request for the GetCapabilities and see what happens.

> Is EPSG:900913 supported?

Yes

> And why Google Maps won't be supported?

Altough it's technically possible consume Google, Yahoo or Bing tiles, Google (and also Yahoo and Bing) restrict the use of their tiles to other applications.

[1] https://confluence.prodevelop.es/display/GVMN/User+manual#Usermanual-9.Managinglayers
[2] https://confluence.prodevelop.es/display/GVMN/Phone+Cache
[3] https://confluence.prodevelop.es/display/GVMN/Phone+Cache+Documentation

Regards,