[Gvsig_english] gvSIG1.1.2/1.9 -problems reading annotations exported to dxf

Enrico Gallo enrico.gallo-1979 at poste.it
Mon Apr 19 12:16:22 CEST 2010

Dear list, dear Johanes

> Asunto: [Gvsig_english] gvSIG1.1.2/1.9 -problems reading annotationsexported to dxf
>
> Hi list,
> ?
> today I encountered problems reading a dxf file with Autocad.
> What did I do?
> I generated an annotation file from a shapefile which I then exported to dxf.
> gvSIG (both 1.1.2 and 1.9) properly displayed the exported dxf as points with text.
> As?I tried to load this dxf into Autocad 2002 as well as into Autocad 2009 the file could not be opened due to an invalid database reference in line xxx.
> (the german error text is "Ung?ltige Datenbankreferenz?0 auf Zeile 990. Ung?ltige oder unvollst?ndige DXF-Eingabe -- Zeichnung abgebrochen.")
> ?
> Does anybody have a clue
> a) what this error means and
> b) how I can solve this problem?
> ?
> Any hint or suggestion is appreciated
> ?
> Best,
> ?
> Johannes

today I had the same problem...

Invalid database handle      0 on line 990.
Invalid or incomplete DXF input -- drawing discarded.

After a few hours of useless struggles with DXF references
http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/dxf_format.pdf

I solved just editing dxf with a text editor and deleting ALL dxf
sections, except for "ENTITIES" one

so now, my DXF starts with

0
SECTION
 2
ENTITIES
 0
TEXT
 1
53.0

and ends with:

TEXT
 1
54.0
 5
    0
 8
default
 62
    0
 10
1390303.149644
 20
4992177.567597
 30
0.000000
 40
10.000000
 50
0.000000
 0
ENDSEC
 0
EOF

I know it's a brutal hack but it works fine for me...
Any better hint from developers?

Enrico Gallo, Turin