[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9, windows 2000 and field calculator

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at muenchen.de
Thu Apr 22 15:19:39 CEST 2010

Dear list,
as written some days earlier, I *had* some trouble with wms-services and
gvSIG 1.9 installed on a windows 2000-machine (yes, I know it is a
dinosaur). I forgot to mention that I also observed an error when
trying to edit string values of a shapefile using the field calculator:
when I try to do so, an error message appears and no string-commands are
displayed within the field calculator dialogue.
The error message (from the logfile):

org.apache.bsf.BSFException: exception from Jython: Traceback (innermost
last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: no module named java

    at org.apache.bsf.engines.jython.JythonEngine.exec(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.bsf.BSFManager$6.run(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.bsf.BSFManager.exec(Unknown Source)
    at
com.iver.cit.gvsig.project.documents.table.operators.DateToString.eval(DateToString.java:27)
    at
com.iver.cit.gvsig.ExpressionFieldExtension$EvalOperatorsTask.run(ExpressionFieldExtension.java:225)
    at com.iver.andami.PluginServices$1.construct(PluginServices.java:405)
    at com.iver.utiles.swing.threads.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:108)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Using OA Digital Version on windows helped in both cases.

The same problem (and same error message) appears on my limux (debian
etch derivate) client (but only if gvSIG is installed via a debian
package). Enclosed you'll find the logfile of the gvSIG 1.9 installation
on windows 2000. Has anybody observed something similar? Any ideas what
could cause the problem? I would be very happy if you could send some
comments.

Best regards,
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Qual

Landeshauptstadt München
Referat für Gesundheit und Umwelt
Umweltschutz, Umweltvorsorge
RGU-UW 11
Team Klimaschutz, Energie

Bayerstraße 28a
80335 München

Telefon:  +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 17
Telefax:  +49 - 89 - 233 - 4 77 05
E-Mail:   wolfgang.qual at muenchen.de
Internet: http://www.muenchen.de/rgu

Bitte beachten Sie die Hinweise zur elektronischen
Kommunikation mit der Landeshauptstadt München:
http://www.muenchen.de/ekomm