[Gvsig_english] Sextante extension question

Guillermo Tamburini tamburini_gui at gva.es
Fri Apr 30 14:26:09 CEST 2010

Davs wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a student at the university of Technology in Stuttgart/Germany. At the
> moment we are working on a Project with gvSig Sextante Modelbuilder and I
> would have a few questions to you about the use and functions of it.
> My first question is how to make a feature layer out of a result of my model
> because I want to add a field to one result and this is only possible if it
> is a layer but I couldn't find any tool!
> The other question is that I have a problem running the modelbuider when
> having two roots which will meet a few steps later. Here the modelbuilder
> will not continue to start from the other root to get the necessary input!
> If you want and need I could send you my project with the model so that you
> could have a look at it.
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Kind regards
>
> David Franz

Hi David,

for the time being I will help you only a little.
Maybe if we could see your model definition file and a brief description
of the characteristics of the data you are using, we could help you a
little bit more. Send it us if you want, and we will try to help you more.
Moreover, I think that the kind of data result that you will get,
depends on your last operation process. Usually the results of Sextante
are raster files. I mean, for example, you will not have a shapefile
result in a slope analysis. However you always have the option of
vectorize the raster result. Another point, is that as I saw in the
manuals, it could be better to save your result files with a .asc
extension, you can do that only writing the extension in the file path
(not when exporting files, only when generating them).
Finally, may be you will get better informations if you contact with the
sextante mailing lists; www.sextantegis.com

Kind regards.

--
Guillermo Tamburini Beliveau