[Gvsig_english] windows 6.1 cannot start

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Mon Aug 9 16:15:36 CEST 2010

Hello, David:

The "...withPhone.CAB" file comes with a version of PhoneME that has some issues on certain versions of Windows Mobile, so you could try this:

- uninstall gvSIG Mobile from your PDA and delete the folders \phoneme and \gvSIGMobile
- unzip this file in your PC:

http://davy.preuveneers.be/phoneme/public/dist/Personal_Profile-phoneme_advanced_mr2_b167-win32_arm_wm6-bin-rev20524.zip

- copy the \phoneme folder to your PDA in the root like this:

\Windows
\My Documents
\phoneme
etc

- install the CAB called "...forPhoneME.CAB" (not "...withPhoneME.CAB"):

http://downloads.gvsig.org/pub/gvSIG-mobile/devel/piloto-0_3/piloto-0_3_0/275/gvSIGMobile-0.3.0-build_275-WMX-forPhoneME.cab <https://correo.prodevelop.es/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://downloads.gvsig.org/pub/gvSIG-mobile/devel/piloto-0_3/piloto-0_3_0/275/gvSIGMobile-0.3.0-build_275-WMX-forPhoneME.cab>

- click on \phoneme\personal\bin\config (you will see a dialog) and without changing anything, close the dialog

- try gvSIG Mobile again

***

If you have issues with the GPS, you can also try the version for J9, which perhaps is more stable. See this message:

http://listserv.gva.es/pipermail/gvsig_usuarios/2008-July/005598.html

IBM J9 is not free. For professional use, a license must be bought (about $20 per user, I think)

Regards,
Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)