[Gvsig_english] suggestion for new functionality: add function for wms-layer in TOC

ernesto sferlazza e.sferlazza at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 10:07:09 CEST 2010

Dear list,
Referring to the request posted by Wolfgang Qual (04/8/2010) :
> [...]
> * It would be cool, if different layers of the same wms-service could be
> displayed in a tree-structure within the TOC of the view
> * It would be even cooler, if one could activate/deactivate those layers
> within the TOC by simply check/uncheck dialogue boxes of the different
> layers.
> [...]
and to the anwer of Manuel Madrid (09/8/2010)
> This functionality is available for a long time. You must select "Maintain layer structure" option when adding the server layers.
> Unfortunately, currently there is a bug in this feature. The layers won't be showed if you select this option.
> We'll try to fix it in gvSIG 1.10.
> [...]
I have tried (in gvSIG 1.10 beta) to load a wms-service containing
more than one layer, using different methods:
1) option "Maintain layer structure" NOT selected: it works fine, but
all layers are  is displayed as a unique group layer, with no
possibility of managing single layers (nothing new);
2) option "Maintain layer structure" SELECTED: the tree-structure
appears in the TOC, but no layers are displayed  in the view (the
visibiliy check box automatically switches off);
3) the only way to display correctly and separately the different
layers contained in a unique WMS service is to load separately each
layer from the same wms service, repeating the procedure every time.
To simulate the tree-structure in the TOC the single layers can be
grouped again in the TOC: it works, but is very tiresome and
farraginous.
Maybe the trick above mensioned (at point 3) could be used by the
development team to resolve the bug (apologise me if I have told a
stupid thing, but I'm only a user, not a programmer)
Best regards
Ernesto
--
ing. Ernesto Sferlazza
responsabile nodo provinciale di Agrigento del SITR Sicilia