[Gvsig_english] Oracle Spatial bugs (was: gvSIG and Oracle 11g)

Flavio Pompermaier fla83tn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 10:49:19 CEST 2010

I added to ticket 14396 (Big Oracle tables hangs -
http://forge.osor.eu/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=14396&group_id=89&atid=732)
a table structure, with some information about, that I manage to load
in some minutes. Within that time, gvSIG is irresponsive and no
glasshour is displayed to the user so that you think everything is
stucked! Moreover, when the same table was bigger (there were more
records in it) gvSIG went out of memory once.

I think that a pagination mechanism should be implemented for tables
to avoid such problems..(maybe with a tunable "fetch count" number
somewhere in the setting ot in the table itself..)

Regards,
Flavio

2010/8/23 Flavio Pompermaier <fla83tn at gmail.com>:
> I'll try to provide all details within today..
>
> 2010/8/22 Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio <jldominguez at prodevelop.es>:
>> Hello, Flavio.
>>
>> Thanks for your reports.
>>
>> Regarding ticket 14396:
>> Can you add a comment to the bug report describing the table structure
>> (field names and types) and how many records did that table have?
>> Is there any error message in the log file?
>>
>> Do you think those issues are found in Oracle 11g and not in Oracle 10g?
>> (this thread was about that)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
>> ---
>> Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)
>> Tlf.: 96.351.06.12 -- Fax: 96.351.09.68
>> http://www.prodevelop.es
>> ---
>> Asunto: Re: [Gvsig_english] gvSIG and Oracle 11g
>>
>> I don't know how the interaction between Oracle Spatial and gvSIG is,
>> but regards gvSGI tables I found these 2 bugs:
>>
>> 14397 Oracle tables creation fails with java 1.6
>> (http://forge.osor.eu/tracker/?func=detail&atid=732&aid=14397&group_id=89)
>> 14396 Big Oracle tables hangs
>> (http://forge.osor.eu/tracker/?func=detail&atid=732&aid=14396&group_id=89)
>>
>> 2010/8/19 Rolf Annecke <Rolf.Annecke at muenchen.de>:
>>> Dear List,
>>> currently the City of Munich is working with gvSIG 1.9 and with Oracle
>>> 10g. It works very fine.
>>> Our IT-Service intends to switch to oracle 11g in future.
>>> Has anybody experience in working with gvSIG 1.9 and Oracle 11g?
>>> Are there any problems or is it still working well?
>>>
>>> Thanks and best regards
>>>
>>> Rolf Annecke
>>>
>>> --
>>> Rolf Annecke
>>> Referat für Gesundheit und Umwelt
>>> Abteilung Umweltschutz
>>> Gesundheits- und Umweltberichterstattung (GUBE)
>>> RGU-UW112
>>> Bayerstr. 28a