[Gvsig_english] PostGIS versioned editing

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Wed Dec 1 10:18:24 CET 2010

Some of you may no about this already, but I thought
it may be worth posting it to this list.
There is a new extension for PostGIS:

http://www.kappasys.ch/cms/index.php?id=23&L=5

After installing this into the PostGIS backend,
data edits can be committed, merged and reverted,
enabling quality assurance and conflict resolution
in multi-user environments.

The page above also has a description of a GUI
for these tools, implemented in QGIS. But since
the new functions are in the PostGIS backend and
very easy to use, I would think they should be
easy to implement in the gvSIG CAD editor, as well.

This would add another "enterprise" feature to gvSIG.

Ben

------