[Gvsig_english] Data Encryption - gvSIG Mobile

Chris Puttick chris.puttick at thehumanjourney.net
Mon Dec 6 07:56:31 CET 2010

No, the GPL would not force you to provide the source if the modifications are made for internal purposes only. The GPL only requires modified source distribution if you distribute the modified binary.

OTOH, having the source to a secure encryption system does not mean you can decrypt data made with the system any easier than if you didn't have the source.

And finally... If you distribute data in any form that is made accessible to some people, expect that it will eventually be accessible by many people. Protecting, securely, ownership of data is not something anyone is having a lot of luck with at the moment. Licence it appropriately and have lawyers standing by if you uncover others making profits with your data in breach of licence.

Chris