[Gvsig_english] Draw point without GPS

Piotr Steplewski stepl at poczta.onet.pl
Thu Dec 9 15:23:13 CET 2010

Hello,

Thank you for reply. Eventually I solved the problem by using similar way of
drawing points and lines to the Measure distance tool. I had only problem
with marking many points at the same time on the map, but the solution was
to use method ShapeFactory.createMultipoint2D(double[], double[]) instead of
ShapeFactory.createPoint2D(double, double).

In future I may use the way, that you cited, because there is possible to
draw any image on the screen, instead of default shapes.

The highlighted fragments of my code:

MapControl mapCtrl = ...get MapControl ...

Point2D mp = mapCtrl.getViewPort().toMapPoint(event.getPoint().x,
event.getPoint().y);
addPoint(mp);

	private void addPoint(Point2D p) {

		IGeometry ig = null;
			ig = ShapeFactory.createMultipoint2D(listY, listX);

		mapCtrl.draw(false);
		mapCtrl.setDistanceGeometry(ig, refresh_minx, refresh_miny, refresh_maxx,
refresh_maxy);
	}

Best regards,
Piotr Stęplewski