[Gvsig_english] Error when opening an edited shp cartography with R

Marc Marí Dell'Olmo marceivissa at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 09:50:37 CET 2010

Hi everybody,

I have edited several polygons of a map in shp format and I have saved
it. The problem is that when I open this cartography with the R
software I get an error. I have used the readShapePoly function of the
library Maptools. The error message I get is: "File size and implied
file size differ". I have tried to open the original (not modified)
cartography with R and I can open it perfectly.

Does anybody know which can be the problem?

Thank you very much in advance!!

Marc