[Gvsig_english] moving and copying of points

Ruth Schönbuchner r.schoenbuchner at hotmail.de
Wed Dec 15 10:38:54 CET 2010

Dear Klaus,

to move points the following steps are necessary:

- set the point layer into editing mode
- choose the selection tool (orange circle with white arrow)
- select the point you want to move with one left click of your mouse (handler point)
- select the tool "move" (green arrow displaying the movement of two blue graphics)
- click again with your left mouse key to the (already selected/handler) point you want to move. The mouse cursor turns into a black cross and the point geometry becomes stuck to the mouse pointer.
- the last click with the left mouse will indicate the new position of your point geometry
- save and stop editing

To move polygons or lines, you go more or less the same way as just described above.
The difference is, that the point of movement (handler) is a vertex of the polygon or line geometry.
You can also perform "moving" with the command line, or you can just read the commandos that are automatically written into the command window. That gives you information what click has to be performed next...

Hope this helps!
Best regards,
Ruth