No subject

Thu Dec 9 17:23:40 CET 2010

R14 =3D are the same as
R15 =3D are disjoint from
R16 =3D intersect with
R17 =3D touch
R18 =3D cross over
R19 =3D contain
R20 =3D are contained in
R21 =3D are on the top of

The other fields refer to the rules implemented in AdB-Toolbox
(developed from OpenJump), but I have not yet tested rules for this
software.

The meaning of the value for each rule is:
1: the feature from the input layer is selected when the rule is applied;
0: the feature from the input layer is NOT selected when the rule is applie=
d;
9: depends on effective value of distance specified (i.e, not tested
for rule R2)
-99: the rule cannot be applied for the geometries involved in the
comparison =A0 (for example polygons cannot be =A0contained in points or
in polylines).
The values have been obtained using the test I have performed on data,
therefore they are liable to contain mistakes.

I have found sometimes a strange or senseless behaviour applying some
of the rules implemented in gvSIG, so that actually I think that
spatial query in gvSIG is not yet quite reliable.
Developers and volunteers can perform their own tests to verify or to
rebut my assertions.
The data can be used to improve documentation, too.
Best regards

--
ing. Ernesto Sferlazza
responsabile nodo provinciale di Agrigento del SITR Sicilia