No subject

Thu Dec 9 17:23:40 CET 2010

for several years to arrange myself with the style in which
gvSIG is run and have come to the conclusion that this is not
the way I wish to work. I feel much happier in a community
without fixed hierarchies and with democratically elected
steering committee members, such as GRASS GIS or QGIS.
Working in a project as complex as gvSIG is a big commitment
over many years. If I decide to make it, I am entitled to enjoy
it.

I am not advising anyone to leave the gvSIG project and
join gvSIG CE. If you are happy with the way gvSIG is run:
good for you. I hope that everyone can make an informed
decision about the kind of working environment they wish to
have in an open source project. And that the decision will
be based on what's going on right here and now, not on promises
or declarations -- neither by me nor by anyone else.

I hope you will take this very direct criticism and instead
of getting infuriated, learn something from it. Who knows,
one fine day there may not be a need for a separate CE branch
anymore.

And finally:
If that CLA stands in the way of adopting patches from
gvSIG CE into mainstream gvSIG (let's call it that),
then I am sure we can find a work-around.

Best,

Ben

------