[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9 (BN 1253) -- Where are all the people interested in non-Spanish document creation and translation?

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Mon Feb 1 13:39:50 CET 2010

Il 01/02/2010 9.23, Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd) ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> Over the last few weeks there has been an active debate about document
> production and translation of core documents into languages other than
> Spanish.
>
> The question is, where is everyone?. Only three people have registered
> to try the Plone Test Document Facility. Please come across and visit.
> Make your decisions based on actual information rather assumptions. Try
> the system. The people that are already registered have been playing
> around with document creation, versioning, and other things.
>
> The site may be useful as a document directory, document creation
> facility, translation  maintenance facility...  whatever the reason come
> and try so in a week or so we can decide what the broader non-Spanish
> Spaeking Community wants as a facility.
>
> Site: https://gvsig.org/web/projects/contrib/community-doc

Hi all,
my advice is to try the gvsig.org CMS in order to verify how useful it
could be! I think that this content management system (CMS) would allow
translators to have the same structure of the original Spanish docs and
share, when this is possible, the same screenshots. The ReST syntax is
not a big problem, when you have to translate on this CMS, because you
have simply to follow the Spanish/English contents. This workflow
was been succesfully tested when gvSIG 1.1 User Manual was been
translated into many different languages one year ago. For instance,
Italian users have at their disposal a manual in HTML and PDF formats
[1,2], quite similar to Spanish and English ones.

Best regards,
Antonio

[1] https://gvsig.org/web/docusr/userguide-gvsig-1-1/view?set_language=it
[2] ftp://downloads.gvsig.org/gva/descargas/manuales/gvSIG-1_1-man-v1-it.pdf

--
Antonio Falciano
http://www.linkedin.com/in/antoniofalciano