[Gvsig_english] clean polygon? Issue with layersimportedfromOracle Spatial

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Wed Feb 17 18:27:40 CET 2010

Hello, I have seen that when the user exits the editing mode, updated or new geometries are oriented using the SHP style (I presume this is done for the sake of uniformity,because the user might have drawn polygons with opposite orientations).

So you could do this:

- Add your Oracle Spatial layer to the view
- Export it as SHP (you get a bad shapefile) and add it to the view
- Start an editing session for that shapefile
- Choose the selection tool and select ALL geometries
- Choose the move tool and enter by hand in the console the same coordinates twice (origin = destination), for example:

0,0
0,0

- Finish the editing session and save the file.

I think the orientation will now be the one you prefer.

Regards,

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)