[Gvsig_english] gvSIG, Oracle Spatial and Views

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Tue Feb 23 17:25:33 CET 2010

Hello, Kornel.

Excuse me, I still have not explained something important:

- The option "Table - New - Database" does not work properly, I'm sorry, so you cannot add alphanumeric Oracle tables (without geometry) to gvSIG. The error message shown in the log file sent by Wolfgagng is caused by this.

- The option "Add layer - GeoBD" should work. After your last test, we must think that your view does have ROWID field, so it should be available from gvSIG if it's listed in the Oracle metadata, as I said before. You will probably to do a manual INSERT INTO...:

http://listserv.gva.es/pipermail/gvsig_internacional/2010-February/004874.html

(obviously, it must have a geometry column (type SDO_GEOMETRY))

regards,

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)