[Gvsig_english] View Frame Properties of Map Buggy

Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd) scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Tue Jan 5 06:54:42 CET 2010

Hi,

Follow up on creating one VIEW for each MAP.

>:o Ahhhh...

First issue: when double clicking a map view to change an option you
need to respecify everything. So if you specify the VIEW to use and the
scale option, then get in it to change a value the referenced view is
set to the last in the list of views in the view scroll box. That is, if
you have 15 views (like I now have) and you select View #1 to appear in
the frame on the map, if you want to change the scale from "adjust
automatically" to "maintain scale view" the referenced view is set to
View #15 (last in list) rather than #1.

Second Issue: Regardless of the scale option it is impossible to
consistently pan the underlying view to the right location. It just
boomerangs back to where it wants to go. Sooooo frustrating.

Third Issue: The unnecessary duplication of one view and one map to 15
views and 15 maps has resulted in a project file increasing from 339 KB
to 2716 KB has resulted in unnecessary project bloat.

Apart from patting my head, rubbing my stomach and hopping on one foot
while adjusting the XML in the project file - I am at a loss. To date I
have spent 3 whole days trying to get this program to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Simon

Simon Cropper
Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd