[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 1.9 and exporting tables (problem with csv tables)

Francisco José Peñarrubia fjp at scolab.es
Thu Jan 7 10:28:25 CET 2010

Hi Wolfgang.

Dbf files doesn't support long field names. You can have a look to this
especification:

http://www.clicketyclick.dk/databases/xbase/format/dbf.html#DBF_STRUCT

FieldName in ASCII only admits 10 characters. This is the reason why we
can't use long field names. BTW, unicode characters are discouraged...

Best regards and happy new year.

Fran.