[Gvsig_english] QUESTION gvSIG 1.9 (BN 1253) -- Hoes does gvSIG reference shapefiles in ToC

Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd) scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Tue Jan 12 10:54:32 CET 2010

Fran,

"So, you shouldn't edit your file [2], and about names, you can change manually the name of the layer. Maybe some errors will disappear then [1]."

    [1] I tested having all the names the same and different. This is
    not a problem. The trigger appears to relate to symbology and
    labeling when two instances of the same shapefile are in the ToC.

    [2] How can you "not edit a file" in gvSIG, isn't this what it is
    for? If having multiple instances in the ToC causes a crash then
    this is a bug.

"If you edit one of them [3], the others will not be aware of changes, and the application will crash."

    [3] If you add a field in one instance, it appears in the other
    instances, so the drivers can't be that autonomous.

I will watch this behaviour and report it as a bug once I can pin down the causal factor.

Cheers Simon

Simon Cropper
Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 160, Sunshine, Victoria 3020.