[Gvsig_english] QUESTION gvSIG 1.9 (BN 1253) -- Hoes does gvSIG reference shapefiles in ToC

Francisco José Peñarrubia fjp at scolab.es
Tue Jan 12 14:26:24 CET 2010

Hi Simon.

About 2.0 version, I'm not directly involved yet, so, I am not the best
person to answer it, but probably it will solve this issue. Maybe next
month I will start helping to 2.0, so I can give you better answers.
About 1.9 release and minor adjustments, we have been talked (before
Christmats) about its "life". We decided to make an (oficial)
announcement to people interested in collaborate with corrections and
bugs fixing.
The announcement is not yet published, so forgive me if I say something
wrong, but the idea is to let the people use this release, and be
confident that they will be some more releases solving some of the bugs.
But the point is that all new development will be done in 2.0, and this
bug fixing will be a "community effort". I mean, contributions from
companies or individuals who may be interested in having something
corrected in the official release (say for example, 1.9.1).

Please, note the difference because many of this kind of work we will do
in 1.9 will be done in spare time by some of us... as people like you,
Wolfgang, Ben and many others are doing with this list.

To finalize: Thanks to all of you, and specially (from my part) to the
person who "set the clouds in movement" ;-)

Fran.