[Gvsig_english] New gvSIG3D build!!

Rafa Gaitan rafa.gaitan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 09:30:20 CET 2010

Hi Lars-Göran,

2010/1/18 Lars-Göran Edholm <lged.morris at gmail.com>:
> Hi!
> I have tested the new gvSIG3D build in Windows 7 and it does open raster
> files but it is very slow.
>
> In Gvsig 1.1.2 with 3D pilot and Windows XP everything is fine, I can open:
> Raster dem with overlays like
> Ortophoto (raster)
> several shp-files type water, roads, buildings elevation curves etc
> and everything goes smooth, I can zoom, rotate etc. I can use it to show
> interactiv to an audiens.
>
> In Gvsig 1.9  3D build11 and Windows 7 or Windows XP  you can open:
> Raster dem with overlays
> but only 1 overlay shows at atime, if you check the layers in the layerlist
> only the overlay at the bottom of the layerlist is visible
> If you uncheck the overlay at the bottom of the layerlist, the next overlay
> is visible etc.
> With overlaying with Ortophoto (raster) I also see a grid
> Everything is very slow, zooming, panning etc is very jumpy. It feels like
> all resources on the computer
> is used.

Which system do you have?, I mean Processor, Memory and Graphics card,
this could gives us more clues to find the problem, but my first guess
is a OpenGL Driver Problem with your Windows 7 installation. Did you
check if you have the last graphics drivers for your system?

> I hope that the funcionality of Gvsig 1.1.2 with 3D pilot can be reached
> with gvSIG3D build in Windows 7

It does and even more, so the only I could say is that your drivers
are not up to date.

Rafa.

> Lars-Göran Edholm

Rafael Gaitán Linares