[Gvsig_english] oracle spatial wrong interpretation ofrectangles (at least 3d)

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Mon Jan 18 18:20:14 CET 2010

Hello, Giovanni.

This is an interesting point. I think Oracle Spatial's 3D rectangles are beyond the scope of gvSIG's geometry model. gvSIG deals with 3D polygons in the sense that each vertex has a Z value, but this geometry:

SDO_GEOMETRY(3003,NULL,NULL,SDO_ELEM_INFO_ARRAY(1, 1003, 3), SDO_ORDINATE_ARRAY(0,0,0,1,1,1))

is a cube with eight vertices. If we read it into gvSIG as a square, which Z must be set for each vertex?

The Oracle Spatial driver knows that rectangles can be created in Oracle Spatial in a special way and it should work for 2D rectangles, and also for 3D polygons with 4 vertices, but not with those special 3D rectangles (cuboids).

Honestly, I didnt know it was possible to create those cubes in Oracle Spatial, so I thought it was not necessary to manage that case.

What should we do with those cubes that -in my opinion- cannot be represented properly in gvSIG 1.9?

Regards,

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)