[Gvsig_english] gvSIG1.1.2/1.9 -problems reading annotationsexported to dxf

Enrique Lorenzo Herrero lorheren at itacyl.es
Mon Jan 18 19:13:57 CET 2010

Johanes:

I encountered that bug when I tried to read GML files which contain lines that represent associated text, then export to annotation shapefile, and then convert to DXF file as text entities, all with gvSIG.

I wasn't able to find the reason why AutoCAD (-Map) can't read the DXF file.  I needed to write customised geometric text properties, so, I coded a Python script to write annotation Shapefiles, parsing the GML file as input.

This is not the same question as yours, but I can suggest that perhaps it would be easy to write a python script to read an annotation Shapefile and then convert it to DXF (single DXF, only text entities with geometric attributes, i.e. insertion point, text height, rotation). I think DXF files are still an alternative to annotation shapefiles, when you need fixed sized texts on your map in a single way.

Enrique Lorenzo Herrero
Técnico
INSTITUTO TECNOLÓGICO AGRARIO
Junta de Castilla y León