[Gvsig_english] oracle spatial wrong interpretation ofrectangles (at least 3d)

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Tue Jan 19 13:31:02 CET 2010

Hello.

Yes, according to the Oracle Spatial documentation, that's the semantics of the 3D rectangle: a cuboid defined by two opposite vertices and the heights being those of two opposite sides. It was not my invention!

Since gvSIG 1.9 does not deal with truly 3D objects, I think I'll do what Giovanni suggests (discarding the Z in this case).

As for gvSIG 2.0, I think I'll have to look into it a bit further.

Regards,

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)