[Gvsig_english] FEEDBACK gvSIG 1.9 (BN 1253) -- use of gvSIG in production environment

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Fri Jan 22 14:50:34 CET 2010

Hi Simon and all,

Simon wrote:
> The gvSIG Plone site is http://www.gvsig.org/web/. It seems
> sensible to keep such an important resource close to the main web   portal.

Having used the gvSIG Plone a lot I can assure everybody that it is really easy to use.
gvSIG's developers could give us a hand whenever a problem arises by using it.

> The current setup is a closed system and would need to
> be
reworked to provide access to whomever wanted to contribute

To contribute you need an user-name and a password.
This allows the Plone not be "spammed" by outsiders.
In order to get both the username and the password, in the past, you had to ask Mario Carrera, a gvSIG's Spanish developer.
At present, I don't know if he is still coordinating all translations.
On Monday, we could ask Spanish developers such a question.
Today, I think some of them are on holiday.

Regarding the:  **RECOGNITION and FEEDBACK.* I can sincerely attest that gvSIG's developers have always been more than correct.
I think the other Italian translators agree with this statement.
Every Italian translator got his credit.
At present, some Italian translators are, once more, available to translate the 1.9 Spanish documentation through the gvSIG's Plone.
I think this is the best "proof" regarding their past "recognition" :-)

In the past, I have donated to the gvSIG's project 50 SVG symbols, about the North Arrows.
I had created all of them with Inkscape.
They are the same present in gvSIG 1.9, in the Map.
Mario Carrera added my name, right away, as contributor (http://www.gvsig.org/web/community/agradecimientos/otras-colaboraciones/).

In conclusion, as already explained, if you guys, decide to choose another Wiki system, for me, It is fine too.
This, as long as this Wiki is easy to use, because I am not a programmer.

The first thing I would like to do is translating, into Italian, the NavTable manual (http://navtable.forge.osor.eu/index_en.html).
Before doing this translation, I have to ask both the other Italian translators and the gvSIG's developers if they agree.
This in order not to duplicate our efforts.

Best regards,

Silvio