[Gvsig_english] Installation problem with JAI on XP, "generic installation/download" version

Francisco José Peñarrubia fjp at scolab.es
Sun Jan 24 14:34:06 CET 2010

Hi Stefan.

BTW, if you need a zip binary, it can be done, but I would wait a little,
and maybe we can prepare a release with support to WindowsXP, Vista and
Seven (thanks to the work of 3D people :-) ).

If you need it urgently, we can prepare a version (only for WindowsXP).

Best regards.

Fran Peñarrubia
www.scolab.es

2010/1/24 Stefan Keller <sfkeller at gmail.com>

> Still can't install gvSIG because of JAI. And still no "Generic
> download (zip Binary)" available.
>
> I can't believe that I'm the only one having problems installing JAI
> (jai-1_1_3-lib-windows-i586-jre.exe => Windows Error 1607 "Unable to
> install InstallShield Scripting runtime.").
>
> Yours, Stefan
>
> 2009/11/29 Stefan Keller <sfkeller at gmail.com>:
> > Given all these nice activities in the gvSIG community I'm a little
> > bit astonished that there's no feedback on my two questions up to now!
> > Installation is quite a fundamental show stopper for gvSIG probably
> > not only to me!
> >
> > And the proposal for a "Generic download (zip Binary)" would probably
> > be a great help outreaching gvSIG.
> >
> > Yours, -S.
> > (CC'ed to Alvaro A. and Jose C.)
> >
> > 2009/11/24 Stefan Keller <sfkeller at gmail.com>:
> >> I have two question regarding installation of gvSIG:
> >>
> >> I experience problems with the installer on several computers with
> >> Windows XP aborting during installation of JAI ("1607: Unable to
> >> install InstallShield Scripting runtime.").
> >>
> >> 1. What's wrong there?
> >>
> >> 2. I could install JAI „by hand“ but I only find an .exe installer on
> >> the download page. => A "generic installation/download" containing
> >> only file (jars
> >> in a .zip) would be of great help.
> >>
> >> Yours, S.

Francisco José Peñarrubia