[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 3D: two questions

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Mon Jan 25 18:41:07 CET 2010

Hello everybody,

I would like to ask two questions.
The first one is trivial (bear with me).
In short, I have always the same "problem" every time I install the 3D extension on Windows Xp, sp2.
This no matter if Home edition or Professional.
I am testing this extension on gvSIG 1.9 (latest build).
I have installed all the Microsoft libraries suggested.
When I start working and I open a new View, in gvSIG 1.9, its windows is not maximized (this is normal also without the 3D extension).
Without the 3D extension I could double-click on its upper bar in order to maximize it quickly.
On the contrary, with the 3D extension I lose this option.
In other words, I can no longer double-click on it to increase its size quickly.
Every time, I have to drag its border to adjust it (it is a bit frustrating).
See the image attached (3d_double_click_off.png)
Maybe is it normal with the 3D extension?
I have not studied yet the 3D manual thoroughly :-)

My second question is more serious :-)
To start with, Antonio Falciano and I, are going to translate into Italian the Spanish strings of the 3D extension.
Is it correct that there are only 5 folders where we must change them?.
They are:
org.gvsig.ext3Dgui
org.gvsig.extAnimation2D
org.gvsig.extAnimation3D
org.gvsig.extAnimationCommon
org.gvsig.extAnimatioinGUI

Antonio Falciano and I are going to work with OpenOffice Writer, in order to have both the .odt and the Pdf manual.

Best regards,

Silvio