[Gvsig_english] [Sextante-users] gvSIG bindings (nightly build)

Simon Cropper (Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd) scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Wed Jan 27 03:10:15 CET 2010

Antonio,

This is what I did STEP-BY-STEP...

   1. Uninstalled anything with JAVA in the title  from the 'Add and
      remove programs" section of the Windows XP Control Panel. This
      included JRE, JAI and various updates. I also removed gvSIG.
   2. Went to the JAVA Download page
      (http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp), downloaded
      "jre-6u18-windows-i586-iftw-rv.exe" and ran the installer.
   3. Downloaded
      http://download.java.net/media/jai/builds/release/1_1_3/jai-1_1_3-lib-windows-i586-jre.exe
      and ran installer.
   4. Downloaded
      http://download.java.net/media/jai-imageio/builds/release/1.1/jai_imageio-1_1-lib-windows-i586-jre.exe
      and ran installer.
   5. Installed gvSIG again. When asked I declined the installer option
      to check prerequisites. The next screen asked for the location of
      the JavaVM. I pointed it at "c:\program
      files\java\jre6\bin\java.exe". It compalins that it prefers Java
      1.5.0 -- I hit OK.
   6. The installer throws the error "java.io.FileNotFound Exception:
      C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\msvcr71.dll (The process cannot
      access the file because it is being used by another process)"
      during the "Pack installation progress: " process. From what I can
      tell the library is locked by jqs.exe and java.exe when the
      installer baulks.

Why isn't it possible to provide a newer installer package for build
1253 that has the latest Java, or even better Sextante, like OADE?

Cheers Simon

Simon Cropper
Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 160, Sunshine, Victoria 3020.