No subject

Mon Jan 11 14:18:06 CET 2010

ed with other software. I'd say that this is why so many projects are havin=
g problems connecting to ArcSDE.

To get the ArcSDE jar files (either by yourself or your ArcSDE Admin), I'd =
suggest:

 *   Install the ArcSDE Developer Kit for your version of ArcSDE. A link fo=
r instructions for v9.3 is at [1]. This install can be done on a local PC. =
It does not have to be done on the server hosting ArcSDE.
 *   Upgrade your SDK with the appropriate Service Packs and Patches to get=
 to your Organisation's version of ArcSDE.
 *   find the .jar files in your ArcSDE SDK install path
 *   copy the .jar files to the appropriate folder/dir on your gvSIG instal=
lation. On my mac, this is at [2].

I'm still learning gvSIG, so there may be other things that you need to do =
to configure gvSIG.

Perhaps someone else can fill in the rest of what needs to be done.

Bruce Bannerman

[1] http://resources.esri.com/help/9.3/geodatabase/pdf/install_gd_client.pd=

[2] /Applications/gvsig-oade-2010-1.0.0/gvSIG-OADE-2010.app/Contents/Resour=
ces/Java/gvSIG/extensiones/org.gvsig.sde/lib/