[Gvsig_english] QUESTION gvSIG 1.9 (BN 1253) -- Corrupted Polygon / Create new polygon using nodes

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Thu Jul 1 11:02:01 CEST 2010

The Topology Extension has numerous tools to deal with such
data structure problems. If it's installed, then you should
find something suitable among the tools in the Geoprocessing
toolbox.

You could also try importing the polygon into some GIS that
will swallow it without complaint (have you tried QGIS?),
then export again as a new Shapefile. Some GIS reorder the
nodes on writing out the new data.

But just exactly how each GIS handles the problem is one of
the darkest secrets in geocomputing...

Ben