[Gvsig_english] Recent change for gvSIG 1.10 in SVN

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Thu Jul 8 09:12:52 CEST 2010

Benjamin Ducke wrote:

> I think the ONLY reasonable place for user settings has to be
> the user's home folder. If it is required to keep more than one
> set of settings, then those sets should all be kept in the home
> folder, perhaps in separate directories.

Hi,

Using user_home can be very painful if it is pointing to some network resource and that directory is used not only for storing user settings but also as a working directory which is leading to a lot of network traffic. We had to change that with another software because sometimes our users must use their laptops through VPN connection. So I would say it is not ALWAYS the best choice even it probably is the best to use as a default.

-Jukka Rahkonen-