[Gvsig_english] 3D extension - incorrect WMS and raster layer display

María Ten materod at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 11:59:38 CEST 2010

Hi Jan,

Are you using the docking skin? This issue seems related with the render
context, so are you undocking the view window or using the fullscreen mode
to record the videos? I experimented similar issues docking and undocking a
window several times but now I can't reproduce it. Can you try the same WMS
file without undocking the view? Try to erase the layer cache clicking with
right mouse button over the layer and selecting "refresh layer" option.

Did you experimented a slow navigation along the maps? Can you check if you
have installed the latest graphics drivers (provided by ATI instead of the
windows ones)?

Regards,

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Jan Zvonik <jan.zvonik at geosense.cz> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to report bugs regarding gvSIG 1.9 with 3D extension v. 14
>
> Incorrect projection of layers during layer tilting. Random tiles from
> different parts of layer are displayed when the scene is tilted. This issue
> is not limited to WMS layers only but appears during projection of rasters
> too.
>
> As you can see on the first video, once the view tilts, the tiles get
> messed up, once back to perpendicular view, the problem disappears:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM_HNGQPhnc
>
> WMS in 3D without tilting, straight perpendicular view, works fine, as you
> can see:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrt-wFQS00Y
>
> The same problem with raster image:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DX7xmwAmyI
>
> IMPORTANT: Sometimes not only tiles coming from current image are displayed
> but also pieces of previously loaded (and deleted) raster layers, probably
> some cached data is used.
>
> The problem persist no matter what file format or projection type is used
> as far as I can tell.
>
> Example with spherical projection and geotiff terrain model:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zn_B2nuA8Q
>

> My system specs: SONY Vaio VPCEB1S1E Core i5, 4GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon
> HD 5650 driver version 8.672.1.0, Windows 7 Home Premium.
>

> WMS used:
>

> http://geoportal.cenia.cz/wmsconnector/com.esri.wms.Esrimap/cenia_b_ortorgb05m_sde
>

> I wil be grateful for any help with this issue.
>

> Jan Zvonik

María Ten Rodríguez

gvSIG 3D Blog:
http://gvsig3d.blogspot.com