[Gvsig_english] Language trouble: alphanumeric

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Thu Jul 8 14:58:15 CEST 2010

> I am curious about the word "alphanumeric",
> which is often used by Spanish, Italian, French,
> etc. speakers when they talk about GIS in English.

Very funny. I cannot think of a more Latin expression than "alphanumeric data". This proves English is also a Latin-based language unless you are swearing or talking with a peasant. What do Germans mean when they say "alphanumeric data" ?

I don't think "geographical alphanumeric data" or "spatial alphanumeric data" are very common, because they are confusing. Can you provide a link to a relevant text where they appear?

Regards,

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
---
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)