[Gvsig_english] Solution time.

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at oxfordarch.co.uk
Mon Jul 12 11:07:34 CEST 2010

Mailing list questions are answered "ad hoc". If someone has
a good idea, he/she will post it and if it's a good solution,
then job done.

Bug tickets usually involve changes to the complex gvSIG code
base (ca. 1.5 million lines of code at this point). They have to go
through a verification and testing procedure. You'll need to allow
a little more time for all of that to be done. There are many tickets
in the tracker and new ones are filed all the time.
So I think two days is not a bad response time.
I recently read a forum thread about Oracle failing to support JDK 1.6
for their spatial driver. Two years(!) on, the last question in the
forum is still not answered and the problem has not been resolved.

Ben