[Gvsig_english] gvSIG OADE 2010 with GRASS GIS support released

Simon Cropper scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Thu Jul 15 02:40:29 CEST 2010

Hi Ben,

Downloaded the package tried it. A couple of points...

1. I was disappointed that the installer defaults to the home directory. Early
versions of OADE put the file in the /opt directory, which I thought was
better. Personally I think software should be kept out of the ~ directory.

2. The program also tried to copy over the existing 'Beta' version. This is
not very good, especially as this latest version attempts to convert the
project file. I renamed my install directory to reflect that this version was
actually based on gvSIG 1.10 rather than gvSIG 1.9.

3. After installing, after being asked the programmed opened. Great! I then
opened an existing file, which was converted to the new project format. I saved
as a new file. All going well. I explore then exit. On exit the following
dialog box appeared (see attachment) complaining about something. I started
OADE again and tried to reproduce the error several times but could not.

4. Everything appears to be OK but every time I get into the program and open
an existing project, although no message appears, I get the following fatal
error logs in the bin directory. These errors only appear when I use one of my
existing converted files! If I create a new file from scratch (adding any number
of raster files and shapefiles) no comparable error log is created. I even tried
to recreate the original project file that 'failed' to convert by adding
everything again to a new project file (attempting to simulate memory overload)
but failed to reproduce the error.

*** Note that a log file was also passed onto Ben privately, as comments in the
file may contain relevant data. I have not attached it to this reply to avoid
its content being scanned by bots and appearing in search engines. Although
not confidential, it may provoke some need for explanation if clients see file
names appearing on the Internet searches. ***

--
Cheers Simon

	Simon Cropper
	Botanicus Australia Pty Ltd